Saturday, February 6, 2016

Maybe I will make my decision this weekend.....


     Forgive the hype, but it is Super Bowl L weekend, after all. Since my beloved Steelers are not playing, I have some time on my hands. This will be the weekend for me to decide which of Jenna Le's poetry books to read. 

     Connecting with  and learning about fellow writers all over the globe is simply fantastic and energizing. Sometimes it is a place we share, a common background, are influenced by the same things, or have a similar style. Goodreads is a fantastic place for such interactions
, but of course there are others as well. 

    http://www.mezzocammin.com/iambic.php?vol=2015&iss=2&cat=featured_poet&page=featured_poet

   You can read about Jenna here in Mezzo Camin as well as enjoy a few poems. She is their featured poet. I do not know whether or not to order her forthcoming book A History of the Cetacean American Diaspora (forthcoming from Anchor and Plume Press, 2016)   or her previous Six Rivers(NYQ Books, 2011),  The latter appeals to me given my interest in place s a poetic feature, but she suggested I start with the newer book. 

    Anyway, I will decide and will be pleased no matter what I pick. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Epiphanies" from Alien Buddha Press- Available on Amazon- Read a story here

https://alienbuddhapress.wordpress.com/author/alienbuddhapress/       I am so thrilled about this short story collection,, my first one. Ali...