Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Glenn Frey, RIP


     Although I thoroughly enjoyed the Eagles, I must confess that I never bought any of their albums until "Hotel California". In the 1970s I did not have a lot of disposable income, and was slowing trying to recreate the record collection lost during a transcontinental move.

     The importance of the Eagles, to my thinking at least, was that they stemmed the tide of Disco. Their blend of country and rock was more mainstream than that of the Flying Burrito Brothers and the early Outlaws. Eventually Bruce Springsteen appeared and put rock where it belongs.

     In some ways the Eagles were a cohesive Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young. Exquisite harmonies, fine songs and musicianship brought them richly-deserved fame.

    The band was to have been honored last month at the Kennedy Center Honors, but received a year's delay so that Glenn could recover his health and attend. Sadly, that will not be the case now.

    I include a video to a fine song, "Seven Bridges Road", which I am have posted
Steve Young's original version previously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-q7Mih69KE

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Epiphanies" from Alien Buddha Press- Available on Amazon- Read a story here

https://alienbuddhapress.wordpress.com/author/alienbuddhapress/       I am so thrilled about this short story collection,, my first one. Ali...