Saturday, October 10, 2015

Time for an Idyll


    Today it's raining again in South Carolina! We do not need any more rain, but there is nothing we can do about it. I think it's time for an idyll, so I am posting a Soundcloud reading of a poem.Escapism, to be sure, but there is nothing else to do! Come with me!

https://soundcloud.com/arthur-turfa-1/idyll-the-meadow-and-the-muse

Idyll: The Meadow and the Muse

In strong sunlight green leaves shimmer
Underneath a sky of deepest, vibrant blue.
The meadow extends between two streams
That sparkle downhill towards a lake
Serving as genesis for a meandering river.

She glides along the copses
Examining myriads of flowers
In red, purple, orange and white,
Rainbowing at forest’s verge
Under hanging wisteria between boughs,
Inhaling the fragrances as dew dries.

From a distance I observe her
With my back resting against an oak.
She personifies elegance and sensuality
In slow motion.
As the sun ascends above the rolling hills
She will have come close enough to me
To hear the verses I have composed
As if words could express the loveliness
Of all that I glimpsed.


Arthur Turfa ©  2014

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Epiphanies" from Alien Buddha Press- Available on Amazon- Read a story here

https://alienbuddhapress.wordpress.com/author/alienbuddhapress/       I am so thrilled about this short story collection,, my first one. Ali...