Monday, October 5, 2015

Life After the Storm, and more Rilke

    The leaning tall pine over our driveway will be cut down in a day or so. There is massive flooding in and around Columbia, about 35 miles from us. We have been spared the worst, and feel very blessed.
 
    One of the great things about social media is that we can contact many people at once. Some of my high school classmates are also down here, as it turns out. My largest Facebook group comes from Plymouth-Whitemarsh High.

     While I am doing some schoolwork, writing my homilies for the month, and other things, I am finally working on some Rilke. I am blown away by him, more than I was so long ago when I had the chance to study him in graduate school.

     Click on the link for the Second elegy, and let me tell you that the tree is leaning a bit more today.


http://www.poetryintranslation.com/PITBR/German/Rilke.htm#anchor_Toc509812216

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Epiphanies" from Alien Buddha Press- Available on Amazon- Read a story here

https://alienbuddhapress.wordpress.com/author/alienbuddhapress/       I am so thrilled about this short story collection,, my first one. Ali...