Saturday, October 24, 2015

A Miscellany Indeed


     Here are some random thoughts and observations as I prepare to head to Newberry, South Carolina;s postposed-due-to -the-1,000-Year-Storm Oktoberfest:
  http://www.cityofnewberry.com/area-attractions/annual-events/oktoberfest

   It will be a nice event. Last year I met some friends there, but now they are on the West Coast. I will stop my a bookstore to see if any copies of Places and Times have sold.

   On this blog lately there have been steady hits from Portugal. Should that continues, I might have to go there. Years ago, when I had a Eurail Pass, I intended to but only made it as far as Barcelona. Also there have been some hits from Bangladesh, Guatemala, and Malta.

   Last night I was on a fun Poetry Hangout on Google +. While I knew most of the people, I met some new people.

   The Goodreads Giveaway of my afore-mentioned book has attracted 171 people, and there are still several days left. Maybe I should have thought of this before.

   After ready Rilke's Duineser Elegien (Duino Elegies) I have an idea about combining some poems I have written along with some I have to write yet about a key time in my life. Not  elegies, and no angels, although there might have been some.

    Wherever you are, I wish you joy, peace, good friends, and good reading!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

"Epiphanies" from Alien Buddha Press- Available on Amazon- Read a story here

https://alienbuddhapress.wordpress.com/author/alienbuddhapress/       I am so thrilled about this short story collection,, my first one. Ali...