Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Reading in Charleston, South Carolina on 29 June

     Next week I will be at James Lundy's Monday Night Poetry and Music Event at the East Bay Meeting House in Charleston, South Carolina. This city has of course been the scene not only of the senseless murder of nine people in their church, but also of incredible forgiveness, compassion, solidarity, and a resolve to combat those forces that led to such an event.

     What am I going to add to this process? Nothing. I am working on a poem related to the causes of the tragedy, but there is nothing I can add that has not been said already, and said better than I could. I am going to read some poems from "Places and Times", add a few newer ones, and make some new friends.

      Here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/events/939540136077676/

      If you are in the Low Country, come and see me!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Epiphanies" from Alien Buddha Press- Available on Amazon- Read a story here

https://alienbuddhapress.wordpress.com/author/alienbuddhapress/       I am so thrilled about this short story collection,, my first one. Ali...