Friday, April 14, 2023

Festschrift? Not Likely For Me, But That's All Right

      A Festschrift consists of chapters by different authors on subjects relating to the lifework of an academic on the occasion of hir or her retirement or reaching a significant milestone in age. A friend and colleague is going overseas soon to honor one of his mentors. My 70th birthday is next month. The three-score and ten (Psalm 90:10) , four-score if one is very fortunate, was not easy to attain prior to medical advances.

     What would be in a Festschrift for me? I have had several careers, often concurrent, and varied interests. I would not want to inflict trying to oversee such a volume for me on anyone. 

     A Festschrift for me would include chapters on:

  •      Church history, especially involving Lutherans and the Conciliar Age
  •      Army/military chaplaincy
  •      Education
  •      Poetry
  •     German Language and Culture
  •     Novels/ short stories
     Do you see what I mean?

     Links to my books:
     










No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop the Presses! Sadly....

        A sad week in our household. For the first time in over forty years, my wife and I do not have a newspaper to hold in our hands. She...