Thursday, January 26, 2023

A Wee Bit Late... Robert Burns Day

 


https://interestingliterature.com/2015/12/10-robert-burns-poems-everyone-should-read/

     I have no Scots ancestry, but my wife does. However, my English is Scots-influenced (confusing, huh?) because I am a Western Pennsylvanian. The sturdy settlers there hailed to a large extent from Caledonia.

     When I taught English 4 or poetry I enjoyed sharing Burns. He was proud of his heritage, a hard-working man, and wrote of love, his homeland, and that wee mousie.

     Tomorrow night is my Scotch night, and I will raise a glass to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop the Presses! Sadly....

        A sad week in our household. For the first time in over forty years, my wife and I do not have a newspaper to hold in our hands. She...