Monday, February 11, 2019

Albert Finney, RIP

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/feb/08/albert-finney-obituary

    Another great actor has left. I was aware of Finney when in junior/senior high school. Obviously I knew he was English, but the northern/working-class aspect was something I did not grasp then. Certainly I knew he sounded different than Sir Laurence Olivier, but my ears were only beginning to pick up on those nuances.

    What impresses me was the range of roles that he played, from rakes to mobsters, from lawyers to millionaires, from actors to detectives

    Nominated five times for Oscars, he never won the statue. He turned down a knighthood, and was comfortable being who he was. The Oscars do not bother me, but if I were eligible, I think I would accept a knighthood if one were offered.

   I will enjoy re-watching the movies when they are played on cable.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Epiphanies" from Alien Buddha Press- Available on Amazon- Read a story here

https://alienbuddhapress.wordpress.com/author/alienbuddhapress/       I am so thrilled about this short story collection,, my first one. Ali...