Friday, May 15, 2015

Rest in peace, Riley B. King

    Born in the heart of the Mississippi Delta, which is where my wife began her first career, Riley came from nothing but his guitar blazed a path beyond his expectations.

   When I was listening to covers of the blues by white Americans and Brits, BB.King's name came up again and again. As I went back to the source of the blues, I was captivated by the music and the guitar work long after I ended by feeble attempts to play like that.

    Here I post his story about how Lucille received her name. You have earned your rest, B.B.!

   
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y8QxOjuYHg
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop the Presses! Sadly....

        A sad week in our household. For the first time in over forty years, my wife and I do not have a newspaper to hold in our hands. She...