Friday, April 10, 2015

Lost Sessions- John Renbourn


    On Easter Sunday, my schedule allowed me to catch of the Sirius XM's Folk show on The Bridge (6-10 am EST),. Mary Sue Twohy played an amazing cut from John Renbourn's "Lost Sessions", "To Glastonbury" stunned me with its beauty.

     The album came from studio work post-Pentangle in the early 1970s, and collected dust for two decades. Renbourn was living then in the West Country, which is where I would enjoy living in the UK. My plan in 1979 was to go to Glastonbury for the Arthurian sites while I was in Exeter, but on the August bank holiday, trains were on a holiday schedule. Of course the music festival takes place there now.

     Sadly, I could not find neither the individual song nor the lyrics, but here is a link to the entire album. "To Glastonbury" starts around 21:39.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkPDAdRzLtU

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Epiphanies" from Alien Buddha Press- Available on Amazon- Read a story here

https://alienbuddhapress.wordpress.com/author/alienbuddhapress/       I am so thrilled about this short story collection,, my first one. Ali...