Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Jim Morrison Birthday 8 December 1943


     Handsome as Adonis, destructive as Dionysus, but creative as Apollo: so can one sum up Jim Morrison of the Doors. Many speculate on what John Lennon, murdered this date in 1980, might have become. I also speculate on what might have been Morrison's future. Certainly he was well-read and talented. Most of what he wrote came in a burst of around 18 months. I suspect he would have had a few more bursts in him, had he not died in Paris right before my high school graduation in 1971.

    I always liked the lyricism of "The Crystal Ship" from the eponymous debit album from 1967. While there are certainyl songs that are played more frequently, this one always pleased me. Perhaps this side of Morrison might have appeared more often had he mellowed.

   Enjoy the song!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bU1sLx1tjPY


No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop the Presses! Sadly....

        A sad week in our household. For the first time in over forty years, my wife and I do not have a newspaper to hold in our hands. She...