Sunday, October 19, 2014

At the Lakeshore- 19 October OctopowrimoAcross the blue-green water before usAcross

My dog and I, standing at the lakeshore
on a sunlit October afternoon:
the brisk, autumnal air reminded us
that the new season was well underway.
Across the blue-green water before us
blazed several clusters of distant trees
red-orange-yellow interspersed by green
of Southern pines among the hardwoods.
Pausing, looking, savoring the moment,
the Husky in her relishing coolness,
the pragmatist in me realizing
that the once-distant is now much closer.
She in her way, and I in my own way
acknowledge what waits as we head for home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Epiphanies" from Alien Buddha Press- Available on Amazon- Read a story here

https://alienbuddhapress.wordpress.com/author/alienbuddhapress/       I am so thrilled about this short story collection,, my first one. Ali...