Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Happy Birthday, Alan Milne!


     On 18 January 1882 Alan Alexander Milne was born in London., My wife was amazed that I knew nothing about Winnie the Pooh. "Didn't your mother read him to you and your brother?" she asked. I had to say that she did not. Maybe she thought it wasn't exciting enough. I made sure that our son got his Pooh exposure, and I enjoyed it as much as he did.

     Milne was already a playwright when he wrote about Pooh et al. Those works overshadowed the plays. Milne did not take that too well, but the world is a better place for it. Drew University in Madison, New Jersey, has a Hundred-Acre-Wood on campus.  I walked through and around it as I dashed to finish the courses and other things for my doctorate.

http://www.just-pooh.com/milne.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Epiphanies" from Alien Buddha Press- Available on Amazon- Read a story here

https://alienbuddhapress.wordpress.com/author/alienbuddhapress/       I am so thrilled about this short story collection,, my first one. Ali...