Monday, May 24, 2021

Happy 80th Birthday, Robert Zimmerman...Bob Dylan!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnDmA7WnSHY


These are some of Dylan's best lyrics. I called him a poet while I was back in high school, and I called it right this time! Happy 80th birthday, Bob Dylan, 2016 Nobel Prize Winner for Literature. In my first book of poetry, Places and Times ( © eLectio Publishing, 2015), I write about how my 12th grade English teacher told me, "You want him to be a poet, Arthur, but he isn't". Mr. Herrmann was not being mean; it actually was a good discussion we had. He enabled me to appreciate literature by letting me do essentially was an independent study. It was a life-changing experience since my goal then was to eventually go to law school.

Dylan remains an iconic figure on the world scene, and especially in America. He has taken creative risks (going electric), writing in different genres and using various types of music, and literally being the voice of a generation, now being heard my several generations after that.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop the Presses! Sadly....

        A sad week in our household. For the first time in over forty years, my wife and I do not have a newspaper to hold in our hands. She...