Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Painting-Poem Collaboration: Carol Worthington-Levy and Arthur Turfa

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10158908863144657&id=804179656&notif_t=feedback_reaction_generic_tagged&notif_id=1563245742074097&ref=m_notif


    When Carol Worthington-Levy wanted to create some portraits from family photos, I asked if I would contribute a few poems (that is ekphrasis) since I knew most of the people in them. They were like a second family to me.

    She graciously consented, and after a successful exhibition or two, now there is a book! I sent a copy to my friend and fellow writer (she also is an artist), Rebecca Justice Chamberlain. In her post she raved about the paintings ( who wouldn't?) but also said some touching things about one o f the poems.

    Speaking as a poet, although the same is true for all artistic expressions, I rarely know how people are moved. It is wonderful to hear about it, when it happens. I write poetry because I want to share something with people. It is not all about me.My hope is that there will be some commonalities discovered, that people will find something that has meaning in their own lives. Thanks Rebecca and Carol!






No comments:

Post a Comment

"Epiphanies" from Alien Buddha Press- Available on Amazon- Read a story here

https://alienbuddhapress.wordpress.com/author/alienbuddhapress/       I am so thrilled about this short story collection,, my first one. Ali...