Friday, May 5, 2017

How "Accents" Came into Being


    Two weeks from release (19 May from Blue Deco Publishing), I will tell you how this second book of poetry came into being. Between the poems that did not appear in Places and Times (eLectio Publishing, 2015) and some newer ones, Since I wanted to organize this book a little differently, I thought about what I should do.

    One night a year ago, I dreamt I was a young boy walking the streets of Donora, Pennsylvania. I was with my father or grandfather, and I heard again about ten foreign languages and accented English in those languages.

   Some time ago I began to compare foreign languages to instruments. Each one has its own distinctive tone quality. There were similarities and differences between them, as there were with languages. From that dream about Donora, the opening of my book emerged. I saw the languages as musical leitmotifs. From there I moved to different sections, and organized the poems accordingly. More about that later, though!

   Yes, i was in my right and natural mind that night! I hope you will read and see what I meant!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Epiphanies" from Alien Buddha Press- Available on Amazon- Read a story here

https://alienbuddhapress.wordpress.com/author/alienbuddhapress/       I am so thrilled about this short story collection,, my first one. Ali...