Saturday, July 9, 2016

My Response to My Prompt in POETS


     I have mentioned that I am a moderator at three Google+ communities, and am duly honored. The first community where that happened was Words on Fire. Then came Peppered Poets, and finally POETS.

    Last week I volunteered to do a prompt. Last night I finally got around to composing my own, and finished it this morning. POETS requires only original art/photography to be used. I had a picture of a lovely field near our house that became the "fields that go on forever" from "The Island" in Places on Times, my book of poetry (eLectio Publishing 2015).

    If you are not familiar with any of these fine communities, please drop in!

    Across the green field standing
as radiant as the sun,
splendor of beauty streaming
all around her gracious form.

She smiles, and it is as though
time stands still, earth stops turning.
Over the dewy grass run I,
its sweet fragrance in the air.

Towards me she glides gracefully
like a mare in full gallop,
her long hair flowing freely,

We embrace; our bodies meld
into one form. Gently we
move to the shade of the trees
surrounding the verdant field
to linger in ecstasy.

Arthur Turfa, ©2016

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Epiphanies" from Alien Buddha Press- Available on Amazon- Read a story here

https://alienbuddhapress.wordpress.com/author/alienbuddhapress/       I am so thrilled about this short story collection,, my first one. Ali...