Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Two Poems by Dan Berrigan


     The first one  We Are in Love, the Celibates Gravely Say, is in keeping with Ascension Day, which this year is 5 May. Yes, celibates can be in love. Several friends over the years are celibate , and a few of them have shared their struggles with me. That is the main reason why I do not have S.J. after my name.

     The second one, A Dark Word, has greater poignancy since "The poem called death" has not been written for Berrigan, as it will be for all of us eventually.

    Around this time of year I starting thinking about some summer reading. I am thinking of more Berrigan, and adding in some cases, a re-reading of two other Jesuit poets, G.M. Hopkins and Robert Southwell.

http://www.poetryfoundation.org/poetrymagazine/browse?contentId=29700

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Epiphanies" from Alien Buddha Press- Available on Amazon- Read a story here

https://alienbuddhapress.wordpress.com/author/alienbuddhapress/       I am so thrilled about this short story collection,, my first one. Ali...