Wednesday, May 29, 2019

https://www.gocomics.com/gilthorp/2019/05/04

    This story line is from Gil Thorp, a seemingly-ageless high school coach of many sports, as is his wife. Some of her athletes have adopted a "too cool for school" slogan to promote teen unity. The trouble is, many other students want the distinction also.

    Back in my high school days, I remember wanted to get out into the world and do things. We all did. But I do not, at least in my generation, thinking we were "too cool for school". We wanted different classes, mindsets, and ways of doing things. But I never wanted to really get away from school.

   As my full-time status in high school draws to a close, I have noticed a shift in that "too cool" status. It is out there, and I am curious to see how the comic strip plays out. In reality, I know how it plays out, and it is a shock!


No comments:

Post a Comment

"Epiphanies" from Alien Buddha Press- Available on Amazon- Read a story here

https://alienbuddhapress.wordpress.com/author/alienbuddhapress/       I am so thrilled about this short story collection,, my first one. Ali...