Sunday, November 26, 2017

Last Week for an Awesome Poetry Class


     Here's a confession. I should be paying the college for the chance to teach poetry, not the other way around. It has been an excellent semester in a small class. I have learned a lot from the students, and for the first time, one of my books is on the syllabus (Places and Times).

     Since we are approaching the final week, I am feeling a little wistful. Here is a video of an excellent poem read by one of my favorite poets. I use it also in my high school Mythology class.

     My hope is that you have at least one thing in your life that gives you joy, as this class ( and other things) have done for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpblaBb93fo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop the Presses! Sadly....

        A sad week in our household. For the first time in over forty years, my wife and I do not have a newspaper to hold in our hands. She...