Sunday, July 2, 2017

Happy 150th, Canada!


    By my count I have visited Canada six times. My father used to fish there, and an uncle and aunt had a vacation home there. Although I have never had contract with them, I have relatives in Saskatchewan and Ontario (the latter escape Hungary after the failed 1956 revolution but could not enter the USA.

     Dominion Day is 1 July, a few days before the USA's Independence Day celebration. In a more civil political climate, the president and prime minister would have hosted each other for the respective celebrations. That would not happen, and it is not Canada's fault.

     Happy Birthday to both nations! I add a link to what some wish was Canada;s national anthem.

     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVY8LoM47xI

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Epiphanies" from Alien Buddha Press- Available on Amazon- Read a story here

https://alienbuddhapress.wordpress.com/author/alienbuddhapress/       I am so thrilled about this short story collection,, my first one. Ali...