Friday, June 9, 2017

Hung Parliament, Now Minority Government


     YouGov was correct on the first part.Now Tory Blue meets Ulster Orange. I fear there will be another General Election for the United Kingdom in the foreseeable future. Boris Johnson may angle to take the Tory reins.

     Lord Paddy Ashdown remarked that the nation has not been this divided for many years. He predicted rather closely what would happen:

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/predicted-general-election-8-june-liberal-democrats-tim-farron-opposition-theresa-may-conservatives-a7692691.html

     On my side of the Atlantic, we have a bitterly divided nation. But I am optimistic that something good will come out of the quagmire for both nations.

      It is certainly a shame that he never lived at 10 Downing Street.

     Two Cleggs made the new this week. Peter Sallis, Norman "Cleggy" Clegg from The Last of the Summer Wine p
assed away at 96 on Monday. I liked his cloth cap (even had one myself once) and his understated acting. Nick Clegg lost his seat in Parliament last night. I daresay that he will be back at Westminster one day.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop the Presses! Sadly....

        A sad week in our household. For the first time in over forty years, my wife and I do not have a newspaper to hold in our hands. She...