Friday, September 16, 2016

Now it Can Be Told

     I was very fortunate driving down to the Rosewood Art and Music Festival last Saturday. About four miles from my house, a deer ran into my car. Only the front bumper and passenger side fender was damaged. I was able to drive all right, and I had some duct tape with me anyway to attach some signs.

     When I returned home, I called GEICO and arranged to take it in. Four years ago another deer ran into me and did more damage. At the festival  sold well and met so many wonderful people. None of that would have happened if the damage to my car had been worse. Truly, I was blessed!

    Right now I am working on a poem about some of the people I met and whose lives my poetry touched. Also, I am getting ready for a panel discussion in Aiken, SC, next month.

    A few days ago I learned that a poem about a meal from our vacation posted: https://dineandrhymeblog.com/   Thanks, Donna! If you are ever in Tampa, FL, go to Ybor City and eat at the Columbia Restaurant (who even liked the tweet!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Epiphanies" from Alien Buddha Press- Available on Amazon- Read a story here

https://alienbuddhapress.wordpress.com/author/alienbuddhapress/       I am so thrilled about this short story collection,, my first one. Ali...