Friday, August 5, 2016

Now this is progress!!!!


   One of my alma maters, the University of California-Irvine, has been ranked Number Two in a listing of Best College Town's. Columbia, South Carolina, near me is Number 3.

    Back in 1975 I went to a student welcome party on the very new campus. The student union was in a double wide called The Antrap. Students has chosen the Anteater from the B>C> comic strip as its mascot. I thought that was weird but since I has been granted a teaching assistant
ship, which UC-Berkeley did not give me, I kept my thoughts to myself.

    When the leg of beer ran dry, someone asked me for a dollar towards a beer run. Then somebody else asked who was 21 and able to buy beer. My hand was the only one raised.

    There was not much to do on campus or in town in those days, but I enjoyed myself. Usually we went to Newport Beach, Balboa Island or something like that. I remember my time there fondly, and a few years later tried to return to California for my seminary internship and beyond. That didn't happen, but that;s all right!


http://www.livability.com/top-10/college/10-best-college-towns/2016/ca/irvine


No comments:

Post a Comment

"Epiphanies" from Alien Buddha Press- Available on Amazon- Read a story here

https://alienbuddhapress.wordpress.com/author/alienbuddhapress/       I am so thrilled about this short story collection,, my first one. Ali...