Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Exquisite Mare





Exquisite Mare
for R.M.

Undaunted, she plays along
With the pretense
That she has been tamed.

Raising her head high,
Stretching the slender neck,
She gazes over the fence
That she could leap
Effortlessly and flawlessly.

That she deigns to stay
Speaks of volition
And nothing else.

In a flash, she springs,
Clearing the corral,
And strides over hills, seeking leafy trails
Along the distant ridges.


Arthur Turfa, copyright 2015

    Since I have been on Google+, it has been my pleasure and joy to have maintained connections with some talented and amazing people. Rebecca Mandeville is one of them. Hopefully, our paths will cross one day. She writes Cowgirl Haiku ranches, has many interests, and can always be counted on for intriguing writes and posts. 

    Recently she posted a picture of her around the time that I showed my Mythology classes Bernini's ApolloDaphne and Daphne. Right away I wondered what Bernini could have done with Rebecca as a model. His statue is superb, and so is the picture that inspired me. 

     When I wrote the poem, I shared it privately with Rebecca, was had some very nice things to say about it. She graciously allowed me to post it, for which I am grateful. I intend to add it to my Some Poetry Collection on Google

      Many thanks, Rebecca! I am glad to have you as a friend and a fellow poet!







No comments:

Post a Comment

"Epiphanies" from Alien Buddha Press- Available on Amazon- Read a story here

https://alienbuddhapress.wordpress.com/author/alienbuddhapress/       I am so thrilled about this short story collection,, my first one. Ali...