Saturday, May 16, 2015

"See the Changes" by Crosby, Stills, and Nash


    As I finished my workout today, I was listening to the band's greatest hits. "See the Changes" came on as I started to clean the elliptical machine. Since I sweat profusely, which means I am healthy, I had some time to listen to the song closely.

   Stills wrote the song, and reflected on the previous decade of his life. My birthday comes and the end of this month, and my son's is this coming week. As a result, I have a double reason to reflect on some things; not in a bad way, but I use the milestones as opportunities to see how things are going and where I am right now.

   Because some things do get harder as we get old, we should not give up trying. And while I may not weep as good times come, I remember people and situations that are not only memories. Fortunately Stills provides some upbeat music, and I share it and the lyrics with you!


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVDY2ja0mZc
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Epiphanies" from Alien Buddha Press- Available on Amazon- Read a story here

https://alienbuddhapress.wordpress.com/author/alienbuddhapress/       I am so thrilled about this short story collection,, my first one. Ali...