Saturday, May 9, 2015

A Look Back into My Past

The Year of Seeing Things More Clearly

Some took other roads
Swam other rivers,
But I traveled through
The steeply-rising gap
Toward uncertain destination.
Seemingly-easier paths
Led to dead ends and quicksand.

A year chronicled in a journal
And discarded a year later
Before moving to Virginia.
A twelvemonth spent
Between phases of my life
Between two institutions,
Missing one, anticipating the other
Between two languages
Which never has changed.

On Blue Marsh Lake
No wind in the sails
From the cloudy sky,
Trusting two sisters,
Resplendent in youth
And vitality, I realize
That trusting at times
Is the best decision
As they steer to shore.
That memory crystalized
Over ensuing decades
And recalled during visits;
Bringing joy when
Recollected so much later.

From that shore seeing
So much so clearly
Realizing the year
Focused who I was
And who I was to be.

Arthur Turfa, Copyright 2015








No comments:

Post a Comment

"Epiphanies" from Alien Buddha Press- Available on Amazon- Read a story here

https://alienbuddhapress.wordpress.com/author/alienbuddhapress/       I am so thrilled about this short story collection,, my first one. Ali...