Sunday, April 19, 2015

   With any luck today, I shall finish reading John Irving's "The Cider House Rules" on my Kindle Fire. The filmed version was lovely, but sadly had to be condensed and pruned to fit a cinematic format. Otherwise it would have been the length of a Wagnerian opera!

   Irving wrote the screenplay, and Lasse Hallstrom directed. The added gem is Rachel Portman's exquisite soundtrack. Some of that will be played at my book launch later this month ( a friend will add so
me live violin).

   The comfort is that with Irving's input, the movie turned out more satisfying than some other adaptations of his work. Maybe, someone will one day re do "A Prayer for Owen Meany".

A link to the Portman's "The Cider House Rules Suite :

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8SSmDFk454

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Epiphanies" from Alien Buddha Press- Available on Amazon- Read a story here

https://alienbuddhapress.wordpress.com/author/alienbuddhapress/       I am so thrilled about this short story collection,, my first one. Ali...