Friday, March 27, 2015

On Hearing Blind Faith's "Presence of the Lord" Today

    Thank goodness for SiriusXM's "Deep Tracks"! Today this wonderful song played as I drove for an oil change. Blind Faith is what Cream was to have been, only Steve Winwood could or did not leave Traffic and Rick Grech was on bass since Jack Bruce and Ginger Baker were not on the best of terms then.

     Way back when  I thought this would be perfect to play in church, except who could play like Clapton? Sound systems were not then what they are now. Maybe someone will find the song again.Of course the UK cover art for the album was not acceptable in the US, and it really isn't acceptable now either.

    I would write a poem about wanting to play like Clapton, but I already did! It's posted somewhere on the blog. But enjoy the song!


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g69EWScWE0U



No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop the Presses! Sadly....

        A sad week in our household. For the first time in over forty years, my wife and I do not have a newspaper to hold in our hands. She...