Sunday, August 24, 2014

Significant Song Number 8  -  "Band on the Run" by Wings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BOXkChyhAM

     One of the many advantages of working at Penn State's radio station (then WDFM) was being able to listen to more records than I could ever hope to buy. We had a large speaker hooked to a turntable in a large open room that contained the record cabinets.
     With this album, Wings solidified their sound. The change in tempo throughout this song attracted me. Much later I began to use this same technique in poetry, varying the rhythm from section to section as I wanted to set a different mood or talk about a different place.
     Creative people inspire each other, even without knowing it. Being able to make those connections and extrapolate from them is wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Epiphanies" from Alien Buddha Press- Available on Amazon- Read a story here

https://alienbuddhapress.wordpress.com/author/alienbuddhapress/       I am so thrilled about this short story collection,, my first one. Ali...