Saturday, July 31, 2021

"Seven Bridges Road" in "The Botleys of Beaumont County"

https://www.blurb.com/b/10799783-the-botleys-of-beaumont-county 

"The Botleys of Beaumont County" is available on Blurb! My first novel's genre is literary fiction.

     When the Beatles appeared on the scene, I was one of many who grew their hair longer and tried to play the guitar. The hair was easy, but I could only push my parents too far. As for the guitar, that was to to be. I wrote a poem in Accents about that.

    So what to do when I gave up trying to play the guitar and realized I was not cut out to be a vocalist? I listened, as did millions, but I tried to write lyrics, memorizing a lot along the way.

     Seven Bridges Road I first heard on Ian Matthews;' cover version. The Eagles made it famous, and it has been covered many, many times since. Steve Young wrote it and appeared near me a few years back. Sadly, I was unable to go. I admire singer/songwriters.

     In my book, Slerd and Jessica (Main Characters) attend a Steve Young concert and hear this song. Jessica even plays it in her classroom while students read. That concert and its aftermath play a significant role in the plot. Slerd and Jessica enjoy music. She sings, he writes poetry. 

     There's more about it in the book, of course! 


     

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpV83ovYAyY

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop the Presses! Sadly....

        A sad week in our household. For the first time in over forty years, my wife and I do not have a newspaper to hold in our hands. She...