Monday, December 16, 2019

At Irmo High School English 2 Class 12/6



     It was a wonderful visit with Ms. Przywara's class. Thanks to my long-time friend, Dr. Robin Hardy, principal of Irmo High School. Ms. Przywara is not only a fellow Pennsylvanian, but also a Penn State grad like me!

     The students were great. We looked at this poem my Emily Jungmin Yoon:

     https://poets.org/lesson-plan/teach-poem-between-autumn-equinox-and-winter-solstice-today-emily-jungmin-yoon

      I left copies of my books. Pictured is my very first, Places and Times,  from eLectio Publishing,  © 2015.

      And we talked about the types of poetry we liked. Several liked inspirational poems, which pleasantly surprised me. I will be back a few more times. Our plan is to have a major event in April for National Poetry Month and involve more students.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop the Presses! Sadly....

        A sad week in our household. For the first time in over forty years, my wife and I do not have a newspaper to hold in our hands. She...