Saturday, August 4, 2018

Stunning Poem about Contemporary Issues


    Poetry, along with music, has impacts the public forum in ways no other art form can. A poem is mobile, either in memorized or printed/handwritten form. Music requires instrumentation or a singer, and requisite talent.

    To me a lot of the politically-fueled poetry these days is shrill, strident, and too often slides into prose written in poetic form.Oftentimes I am in complete sympathy with the cause or issue. But I shake my head and wish that someone would simply write a better poem.

    Christian Campbell did. If you do not get a poem-a-day in your e-mail, sign up now. It's free.

    I want to read more of him. Here, he gives the reader a good sense of place, includes references to other poets and persons, and gets his point across poetically.

https://www.poets.org/poetsorg/poem/sculpture-fragments-stuart-hall

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Epiphanies" from Alien Buddha Press- Available on Amazon- Read a story here

https://alienbuddhapress.wordpress.com/author/alienbuddhapress/       I am so thrilled about this short story collection,, my first one. Ali...