Saturday, March 31, 2018

The Fictional House I Would Like to Live In


    I finally got to start reading the current Atlantic magaine. I always start with the last feature, which is a question asked of various famous or knowledgeable people April's question concern fictional houses and which one people would choose to live in:

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2018/04/q-which-fictional-house-would-you-most-like-to-live-in/554111/

     Not that I am likely to be asked for an answer to this or anyone other question, but it got me thinking in which one I would like to live.

     My choice is Weatherbury, the house in fictional Wessex created by Thomas Hardy in his fourth novel, Far from the Madding Crowd. But I cheat a little. I picture the manor house more from the 1967 movie than I do form the book. But I suppose that's all right.

    The house is up for sale, but I do not have the four million dollars. Too bad! I would love to investitigate all the room, walk the lovely grounds, and find a good pub or two nearby even though there is a brewery on the premises.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2335057/Want-live-Far-From-The-Madding-Crowd-Dorset-mansion-featured-1967-film-classic-Thomas-Hardy-novel-goes-sale-4m.html

   If I were to live in the UK, I would live in the West Country, and this certainly is the right location.
But I like where I am now, and that's what really matters.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Epiphanies" from Alien Buddha Press- Available on Amazon- Read a story here

https://alienbuddhapress.wordpress.com/author/alienbuddhapress/       I am so thrilled about this short story collection,, my first one. Ali...