Sunday, July 19, 2015

Where to start?


     My wife and I returned from a vacation along South Carolina's Grand Strand, in our case from Myrtle Beach to Mount Pleasant, across the water from Charleston. Not that we spent a lot of time either on the beach or in the water; I get skin cancer without doing those things so I do not take any greater a risk than necessary.

     We saw marvelous sculptures at Brookgreen Gardens, visited Hopswee Plantation and Mepkin Abbey. Another highlight was finding a Barnes and Noble; they were forced out of our area. Now I have to decide between Rilke and Harper Lee after I finish my Kindle edition of a book about Wilhelm Canaris.

    And of course they will be poetry to write! Ekphrasis  (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ekphrasis) comes to mind with so many works of arts and photos to inspire me. Let me show you a few.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Epiphanies" from Alien Buddha Press- Available on Amazon- Read a story here

https://alienbuddhapress.wordpress.com/author/alienbuddhapress/       I am so thrilled about this short story collection,, my first one. Ali...