Thursday, October 23, 2014

Continuation 23 October----Octopowrimo



The Twelve Bridges Road

If you are going to the Eccentricity
you travel the Twelve Bridges Road;
some of them are span a creek
or a tributary stream
but the one over the Broad River
stretches out in the sunlight,
a slender ribbon between
widely-separated bluffs.

Coming from the old place

the route was shorter
but not as interesting.
Flatness between fields
punctuated by crossroads.

But now out of friendship 
and a sort of obligation
I travel the Twelve Bridges Road


Not being told some things,
but expected to know them.
Not being told other things,
because I am not in the loop,
I offer pieces of the puzzle
but some are working on it
with pieces unknown to me
in clandestine conversations
while I am on the Twelve Bridges Road.

At some point you must realize
the road only goes so far.
Eventually you sense that
there are others roads to travel
and that you will never
resolve the enigma.

Since then I have never traveled
along the Twelve Bridges Road
through forest and crossroad
across streams, the North Tyger
or descended from the ridge
downward toward the Broad River.

Other roads delight me
and I roam to other places.






No comments:

Post a Comment

"Epiphanies" from Alien Buddha Press- Available on Amazon- Read a story here

https://alienbuddhapress.wordpress.com/author/alienbuddhapress/       I am so thrilled about this short story collection,, my first one. Ali...